In a planned pregnancy, a married couple can determine the sex of the baby by knowing the technique and how to get it. The technique offered by Shettles is more about the introduction of changes and signs during menstruation such as changes in cervical mucus. The desire to have children with certain sex is natural. When you have a lot of boys, usually parents tend to crave the presence of having baby girls, and vice versa. To fulfill that desire, many couples do various ways. Some ways to succeed.
There is a fairly complete article that describes how to get a child of particular sex whether you want a baby girl or the boy one. Below is the explanation.
If you want a girl:
- Perform coitus 2-3 days before ovulation
- Before coitus, wash the vagina with an acid solution. You can take 2 tablespoons of vinegar dissolved in 1 liter of water.
- Try not to reach orgasm during coitus, because it will improve the alkaline atmosphere, so that Y sperm (male) who succeed in fertilizing the egg.
- Perform coitus in a face position so that sperm are accommodated around the cervix,
- Do penetration slowly, so most Y sperm will die when the penis passes through the cervix. This is because Y sperm is long enough in acidic vaginal fluid.
- If you want a baby girl, your spouse must eat foods containing lots of alkalines. Meanwhile, his wife eats a lot of foods containing acid. There are foods containing lots of alkalines. Such as vegetables, fruits, egg white, milk, and seaweed. Consume a lot of meat than fish to bring up a more acidic atmosphere in the vagina. Sperm cells with Y sperm will die because they can not stand the atmosphere of pH.
- Because sperm cells with the Y chromosome have a shorter lifespan than the X chromosome, regular sexual intercourse increases the chances of a baby girl being born. But to be sure you can choose the sex of a baby girl by doing sexual fasting during the fertile period.
- The husband must avoid deep penetration into the wife’s vagina during coitus
- The wife must avoid stimulation during intercourse. The secretion of fluid coming out of the vagina will become alkaline if it is aroused, this will encourage sparing activity.
- Wash the vagina with a solution of two spoons of white vinegar mixed in one liter of clean water. This is done so that the condition becomes acidic so that Y sperm activity decreases.
- Wife’s position at intercourse time over the husband.
If you want a baby boy
- Do coitus as close as possible to ovulation or right at ovulation, ranging from 12 hours before. Spermatozoa cells with smaller Y chromosomes and faster movements can immediately fertilize the egg before the spermatozoa cell with the X chromosome. It has a larger shape and slower movement can reach the uterus and has the same chance to fertilize the egg.
- Sexual intercourse should be done 2-3 days before the fertile period with the intention that at intervals of 2-3 days. These sperm cells with the Y chromosome will die before ovulation occurs. Thus the spermatozoa cells with the X chromosome that are still present in the uterus have a higher chance of fertilizing the egg at the time of ovulation (the release of the egg from the ovary). Spermatozoa cells with the X chromosome are ready to fertilize the egg.
- Before coitus, wash the vagina with soda so that the atmosphere is alkaline
- Do direct penetration inside, so that most of the Y sperm goes straight into the uterus.
- Ovulation time is ± 14 days calculated from the first day of menstruation for the 28-day menstrual cycle.
- Husbands must consume a lot of foods that contain a lot of acids, while the wife must consume lots of foods that contain lots of alkalines
- Coitus should be done nearing menstruation and or immediately after menstruation.
- It is recommended to penetrate deeply by the husband at the time of coitus.
- Husband’s ejaculation after the wife is aroused. At the time of orgasm, the wife will release alkaline fluid. It will reduce pH and vaginal levels to become more alkaline (the alkaline atmosphere is favored by sperm cells with the Y chromosome)
- Wash the vagina with a solution of two spoons of soda mixed in one liter of water.
- Regarding sexual fasting, the husband must fast for a relationship for at least 5 days before the wife’s fertile period. There are no more sperm cells with X chromosomes that survive in the wife’s womb. This fast is also intended to enhance male fertility (sperm quality)
Some other methods that can be done:
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
This technique uses high-level technology because couples are required to undergo genetic testing. Genetic tests are used to determine whether a partner has serious of a genetic disorder or not.
By using the in-vitro fertilization (IVF) technique, the doctor will extract one cell from the rapidly dividing embryo and the cell is examined for the desired sex. When it is obtained, the embryo will be planted in the womb. Although this method has proven effective, there is still a lot of controversy in practice. Because this method is considered too imposing and in terms of medical science and ethics it cannot be justified.
- Techniques for choosing sperm
This sex selection technique involves the separation of sperm that produces girls (X sperm) and boys (Y sperm) in the laboratory. You do this by implanting the desired sperm in the uterus through intrauterine insemination (IUI) or using selected sperm to fertilize the egg outside the body.
- Shettles Method
In the Shettles method, X sperm moves more slowly but can live longer. Meanwhile, Y sperm moves faster but shorter life span.
This method proved to be 75% successful but not many researchers supported that statement. Several other things must be done in the method of Shettles to invite sperm X or Y. For example, the position of coitus and the exact time of female orgasm.
- Whelan Method
This method is the opposite of the Shettles method. This method refers to the biochemical changes of sperm X and Y that will fertilize the egg. If you want a boy, your partner must coitus four to six days before ovulation. Meanwhile, if you want a daughter, you should do coitus two to three days before ovulation or just at ovulation.
- Detection devise and gender selector
There are various types of sex picking tools. This tool is used to see changes and conditions around egg and sperm cells (by using nutritious supplements and douches or medical devices to drain fluids).
The goal, so that the vaginal canal is easier to accept sperm X or Y. However, using a tool like this is not recommended by experts and medical personnel, because the risks and impacts are still questionable.
To try to do the method above, you should first consult a doctor, so that there are no mistakes and can be adjusted to the condition of the body.